The Coronavirus Act 2020, which contains a wide range of emergency measures as part of the government’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak, has been given Royal Assent.
The Act contains provisions covering areas including:
- Emergency registration of health professionals;
- Temporary registration of social workers;
- Emergency volunteers;
- Mental health and mental capacity;
- NHS and local authority care and support;
- Protection of public health;
- Powers relating to events, gatherings and premises;
- Courts and tribunals: use of video and audio technology;
- Postponement of elections, referendums, recall petitions and canvass;
- Postponement of elections: Wales; Scotland;
- Local authority meetings;
- Business improvement districts;
- Residential tenancies: protection from eviction;
- Business tenancies: protection from forfeiture etc.
The Act can be viewed here.